Anti-Inflammatory Banana Turmeric Oats
Packed with inflammation-fighting ingredients this bowl of Anti-Inflammatory Banana Turmeric Oats is a tasty way to start your day.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Water or Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
- Dash Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Banana
- Add the oats and water/milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the flaxseeds, chia seeds, turmeric, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- While the oats are coking, prep your banana. Mash half of it to stir into the oats. Slice the other half to arrange on the top.
- When the oats are cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the mashed banana. Top with the other half of the banana and sprinkle with any other desired toppings like chia seeds, non-dairy yogurt, or fruit. Enjoy!