Caramel Apple Oatmeal
Caramel Apple Oatmeal makes a quick and easy fall breakfast. Simple and healthy, this make-in-the-microwave breakfast is perfect for busy mornings.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats, gluten free, if necessary
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Medium Apple
- Plant-Based Protein Powder, optional
- Date Syrup, for drizzle
- In a small bowl prepare a flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water. Set in the fridge while you prepare the oats.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of water to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute (or prepare as package instructs). Meanwhile, cut an apple in half. Slice one half into chunks and the other into long slices.
- When the oats are done mix in vanilla, flax egg, chopped apple, and plant-based protein powder. Top with the sliced apple half and drizzle with date syrup. Enjoy!