Carrot and Lentil Soup
This hearty Carrot and Lentil soup is ready in just 30 minutes and made with only 7 ingredients. A simple, yet flavorful soup filled with high-protein lentils and sweet, earthy carrots.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2 Pounds Carrots, sliced into rounds
- 4 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Lentils
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sauté the onion, carrots, and celery in a large pot for 5-7 minutes until they are soft. Use a splash of vegetable broth if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the broth, water, lentils, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then let simmer 20 minutes, until the lentils are cooked.
- Remove from the heat, serve, and enjoy!