Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Plant-Based Carrot Cake Oatmeal turns the classic fall dessert into a breakfast recipe. Honestly, though, you could definitely eat this oatmeal for dessert. It's that good!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats, gluten-free, if necessary
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1 Tablespoon Raisins
- 1-2 Tablespoons Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon Date Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Plant-Based Protein Powder, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseeds with the 1 1/2 water and place in the fridge.
- In the bowl you wish to eat out of, mix the rolled oats and the 2/3 cup of water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- While the oats are in the microwave, quickly peel and grate the carrot. Gather remaining ingredients.
- When the oatmeal is done, add the flax mixture, the grated carrot, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, date syrup, and protein powder to the bowl and mix thoroughly. If, after adding in all the ingredients, the oatmeal is too thick, warm some more water in the microwave and add to the oatmeal until your desired consistency is reached. Serve and enjoy!