Packed with plant-based protein, this Cilantro Lemon Black Bean Soup is a quick and easy meal. Make ahead and freeze for last-minute dinners.
- Heat some vegetable broth in a large pot. Sauté the chopped onion for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add ONE can of black beans, the vegetable broth, coconut aminos, cilantro, lemon juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until the beans are in small chunks. Return to the pot.
- Add the second can of black beans and the coconut milk. Bring back to a boil and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl to serve. Stir in additional coconut milk, as desired. Top with cilantro.
*If you want a thinner soup, use 2 cups of vegetable broth instead of 1.