Crispy Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Crispy Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a delicious mix of textures - crunchy chickpeas, soft sweet potato, and a creamy dressing.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Toppings: lettuce, pickled red onions
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Freeze Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven or air fryer to 400°F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake until soft (around 40 minutes, depending on the exact size of the sweet potato).
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, reduce the oven or air fryer temperature to 350°F.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet or wrack of your air fryer and sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until crispy. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Combine all the yogurt sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble the sweet potatoes. Slice each potato in half and then fill with the chickpeas, lettuce, and pickled red onions. Drizzle with yogurt sauce. Enjoy!