These sweet, tart, Date Glazed Lemon Brownies are a unique citrusy treat. Gluten-free, oil-free, sugar-free, and fruit-sweetened.
- Soak the cashews in boiling water to prepare them for the glaze.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the Black Bean Lemon Brownie ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips to a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, make the Date Glaze. Drain the cashews. Add the cashews and other lemon glaze ingredients to a blender or food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled brownies. Slice, serve, and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge.
*I used four lemons total to get the zest and juice needed for this recipe.