Date Glazed Lemon Brownies
Vegan Lemon Brownies are fudgy and moist with a light and soft flavor. Made completely plant-based and gluten-free, these blondie-style bars are packed with bright lemon flavor!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 15-Ounce Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Nut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Flax + 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Make the flax egg by combining the ground flax and water. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, oat flour, nut butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, flax egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt to a food processor. Process until the chickpeas are blended fully and all the ingredients are combined.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean and the blondies feel firm to the touch. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into 9-16 bars. Enjoy!