Delicata Squash Kale Salad with Maple Miso Dressing
Delicata Squash Kale Salad is simple, yet flavorful. Drizzle on an oil-free Maple Miso Dressing for a delicious, seasonal salad.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 2 Delicata Squash
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 Heads Kale
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
Maple Miso Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons White Miso
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the delicata squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Set the seeds aside – don't throw them away. Slice the squash into half-moon shapes. Arrange on one of the baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate some of the seeds from the pith. Rinse well and then arrange on the other baking sheet. Sprinkle with cayenne. Bake for 15 minutes, watch for burning.
- Meanwhile, make the maple miso dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake or whisk to combine.
- Reserve half the dressing for drizzling. Use the other half to massage the kale.
- When the squash and seeds are cooked, assemble the salads. Place a bed of kale in each bowl, add the squash and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with the seeds and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Enjoy!