Hormone Balancing Pepita Brittle
This vegan pepita brittle is sweet and crunchy - a perfect snack or topping for ice cream. Bonus: it's made from seeds that can help balance your hormones.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 2 Cups Raw Pepitas
- 1 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and/or Cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, adding the cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cayenne as desired.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until the brittle is starting to harden (it won't be completely hard at this point). Let the brittle cool completely on the pan. Serve, and enjoy!