Oat Flour Waffles are fluffy and sweet. These naturally gluten free waffles are an easy breakfast treat. Freezer friendly!
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a small bowl mix the ground flaxseed and water to create a flax egg. Let sit 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the flax egg, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Scoop a scant 1/4 cup of batter into your waffle maker and cook each waffle for 4-5 minutes. **See notes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Stack high and serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
**Depending on your waffle maker, you may need to use a bit of olive oil cooking spray to prevent sticking. This recipe makes 12 waffles in a 4-inch waffle maker - depending on the exact model and size of your waffle maker, the number of waffles, cooking time, and amount of batter needed may vary.