Oil-Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich
Make this Tofu Scramble Sandwich as a quick, high-protein vegan breakfast. These sandwiches take only 20 minutes and can be prepped ahead of time for breakfast in minutes!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Block Tofu (Medium-Firm or firmer)
- 4 Ounces Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- To serve: crusty bread/English muffin, sprouts, everything bagel seasoning, hot sauce, etc.
- In a small bowl, mash the tofu with a fork. Set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and chop the onion.
- Heat the mushrooms, onion, and crumble tofu in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in the spices and stir well.
- Cook until the onions and mushrooms are soft, tofu is warm, and the spices are evenly mixed so that the tofu has changed to a yellow color, resembling eggs.
- Serve sandwich-style, topped with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!