Oil-Free Vegan Meatballs
Oil-Free Vegan Meatballs are a tasty, high-fiber, plant-based alternative to traditional meatballs. These gluten-free meatballs are made from mushrooms and walnuts for a savory, umami bite that you'll devour in no time.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained
- 8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms)
- 1 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cups Quick Oats
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until just combined. If your food processor is small, you may need to split the ingredients into two batches and then transfer to a bowl to stir together.
- Shape into 1.5" (3 tablespoon) sized balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and firm.
- Serve with spaghetti and marinara sauce.