The vegan version of a pineapple glazed ham, this pineapple tofu is a protein-packed main dish that's perfect for Easter dinner. With just five ingredients, this tofu is simple yet flavorful.
- Press the tofu. Wrap each block of tofu in paper towels and place under a heavy object to release extra liquid. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the can of pineapples and reserve the juice.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of the pineapple juice with the date syrup, liquid aminos, and liquid smoke.
- Slice both tofu blocks in half height-wise to make four patties. Score the tofu blocks by making diagonal cuts that create a diamond pattern.
- Place the tofu blocks in a shallow casserole dish and pour about 3/4 of the marinade onto the blocks. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the tofu blocks on the baking sheet and drizzle on on any remaining marinade from the marinade dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the pineapple rings. Brush on the remaining 3/4 of the glaze using a basting brush.
- Bake another 20 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Plant Based On a Budget