Topped with a sweet banana glaze, this Plant-Based Banana Cake is a decadent version of banana bread. It makes a wonderful fruity dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line the bottom and sides of a cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flaxseeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Set in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, mix the banana and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond butter and sugar until combined. Stir in the flax eggs and vanilla extract. Add this to the banana mixture and stir until all the ingredients are mixed fully.
- Add the oats to a food processor and blend until they turn into a flour. Add the oat flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix completely.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined pan. Bake for 60-80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the banana glaze. In a small bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the date syrup and vanilla. Pour over the cooled cake. Slice, and enjoy!
*You can use any sized cake pan you'd like. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
**This recipe was adapted from a friend's non-vegan banana cake recipe.