Plant-Based Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Plant-Based Broccoli Cheddar Soup is creamy and delicious. This allergy-friendly soup is gluten-free and made without cheese and without cashews. Make it in just 30 minutes!
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 3 Cups Frozen Broccoli
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Oat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Whole Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Nut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt or Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Microwave the frozen broccoli according to the package instructions. When cool enough to handle, finely chop the broccoli.
- Sauté the onion in a large pot until soft, 3-5 minutes. Use a splash of the vegetable broth to prevent sticking.
- Add the flour, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Stir to coat.
- Add the non-dairy milk, vegetable broth, shredded carrots, whole carrot, and nut butter. Bring to a simmer and let the carrots cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Remove half the mixture, making sure to remove the whole carrot, and transfer to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Then transfer the mixture back to the pot.
- Add the broccoli. Cook 3-5 minutes, until the entire soup is warm.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!