Plant-Based Cherry Crumble Bars
Plant-Based Cherry Crumble Bars are sweet and fruity. Made with only a few healthy ingredients, these bars are a delicious summer dessert.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Date Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Date Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Runny Tahini
- 2 Cups Frozen Cherries
- 1 Teaspoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave parchment hanging over the edges on two sides, to use as handles.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, oat flour, date sugar, and salt. Add the date syrup and tahini. Stir until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumble. Then, press the crumble into the bottom of the parchment-lined pan.
- Pour the cherries on top of the crumble crust. Sprinkle the cherries with the arrowroot and lemon juice.
- Top the cherries with the reserved topping.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top of the crumble is browned and the bars seem to hold together.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars. Enjoy!