Plant-Based "Fried" Cauliflower
Plant-Based Fried Cauliflower is an oil-free vegan dish that mimics the taste and texture of fried food, without the frying part. It’s a sweet and spicy spin on cauliflower.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Plant-Based Ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cloves
- Dash Cayenne
- 2 Scallions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim the cauliflower and place on the baking sheet.
- Mix the vegetable stock, sriracha, garlic, ketchup, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Brush half the mixture on the cauliflower. Roast for 35-45 minutes, then brush the remaining mixture on. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and sprinkle with chopped scallions.