Plant-Based Fruit Pizzas
This plant-based fruit pizza is a sweet and refreshing dessert that's perfect for summer parties! It's vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, for a treat everyone can enjoy.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Cup Date Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Cashew or Almond Butter
- 2-4 Tablespoons Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Ground Oat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Ounces Vegan Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Arrowroot/Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Dash Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Chopped Fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis)
- Make the cookie. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a circular baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the maple syrup, cashew butter, date sugar, 2 tablespoons of the oat milk, ground flaxseeds, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until a dough forms, adding an additional tablespoon or two of milk if necessary.
- Place on the baking pan and flatten into a circle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookie is slightly golden. Let the cookie cool 1-2 minutes before transferring it from the pan to a wire rack. Let the cookie cool completely.
- Make the frosting. Beat the frosting ingredients in a medium bowl using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or (if you’re feeling strong) a fork. Place the frosting in the fridge until ready to assemble.
- Assemble. When the cookie is completely cool, spread the frosting in an even layer over the cookie, leaving 1/2" of space around the edges.
- Decorate with fruit as desired. Slice, serve, and enjoy!