Plant-Based Hungarian Potato Soup (Krumplileves)
Plant-Based Hungarian Potato Soup is hearty and flavorful. It's the perfect simple cold-weather dish. Gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 8 Ounce Block Tempeh, cubed
- 6 Tablespoons Vegetable Broth, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pound Yellow Potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Small Red Onion, diced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the tempeh, 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth, smoked paprika, garlic, and salt. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes for 1-2 minutes in the pot with the flour, remaining vegetable broth, and paprika.
- Add 4 cups water, the onion, and green pepper to the potatoes. Simmer until tender, around 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the parsley and stir it into the soup. Taste and season with salt.
- To serve, ladle into bowls. Add your desired amount of tempeh to each bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and additional parsley. Enjoy!