Plant-Based Pumpkin Brownies
Packed with pumpkin and chocolate, these Vegan Pumpkin Brownies are a fun and delicious fall dessert. Oil-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Cup Nut Butter (like mixed nut butter or cashew butter)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Flax + 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Homemade Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper.
- Make the brownie layer. In a large bowl, mix the nut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, flax egg, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin layer. In a medium bowl mix the pumpkin puree, almond flour, cream cheese, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Press 3/4 of the brownie layer into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the pumpkin layer on top of the brownie layer.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the remaining brownie mixture on top of the pumpkin layer. Use a fork to swirl the brownie layer into the pumpkin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top layer is set and edges are starting to turn golden. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!