Polenta with Sautéed Spinach
Thick and creamy polenta meets fresh and spicy sautéed spinach in this plant-based Polenta with Sautéed Spinach bowl. Perfect for breakfast or dinner!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
For Sauteed Spinach
- 8 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Polenta (Corn Grits)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Bring 3 cups of water and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt (for the polenta) to a boil.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and slice the garlic. Saute the onion in a pan with some water for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic, cumin, and smoked paprika. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and a splash of water to the pan. Cover and let the spinach soften.
- When the polenta water boils, add the polenta and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the spinach is wilted and the polenta is cooked, remove both from the heat. Divide the polenta into four bowls and top with the sauteed spinach. Enjoy!