Red Cabbage Steaks (Air Fryer Option & Vegan)
These Red Cabbage Steaks are easy and incredibly flavorful! Made with only a few simple ingredients these vegan cabbage steaks are ready in just 25 minutes in the air fryer (oven instructions included).
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 2 Small Heads Red Cabbage (or one large)
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 8 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Za'atar Spice Blend
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 400°F. If using the oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cabbages into 1/4" to 1/2" thick steaks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vegetable broth, garlic, tahini, balsamic vinegar, za'atar, parsley, paprika, and salt.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the dressing evenly onto each steak.
- Arrange in your air fryer or on the baking sheet. Air fry for 15 minutes or bake 20-25 for minutes, until the cabbages are tender and starting to crisp. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in several batches. Serve immediately. Enjoy!