Refined Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Sweet, delicious cranberry sauce without all the refined sugar?! I think yes. This Refined Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is a tasty and healthy side dish to serve at a holiday dinner. Completely plant-based and fruit sweetened!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Cup Date Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Cups (12 ounces) Cranberries
- Zest of an Orange
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Nutmeg
- In a medium pot, heat the water and date syrup until emulsified over medium-high heat.
- Add the cranberries, lower the heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Remove from the heat and stir in orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. The sauce will thicken in that time. Serve and enjoy!