Sweet Potato Miso Mushroom Soup
Sweet Potato Miso Mushroom Soup is thick, creamy, and full of flavor. Made with whole food ingredients, it's the perfect healthy comfort food.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 2 Leeks
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth, divided
- 1/4 Cup White Miso
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 4 Ounces Button Mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- Chop the sweet potato into small chunks. Thinly slice the leeks. Quarter the mushrooms.
- Sauté the sweet potato and leeks in a soup pot, using 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth as the cooking liquid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth, miso, tahini, and cayenne. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reserve 1/3 of the sweet potato chunks, then transfer the remaining liquid to a food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Return the blended soup as well as the reserved sweet potato chunks to the pot. Add the quartered mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Top with additional mushrooms, if desired, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!