Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies
Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies are sweet and salty with a super soft texture and a slight crunch. They are a healthy plant-based cookie!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Oat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Date Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Flax + 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Make the flax egg: combine the flaxseed and water.
- In a small bowl, mix the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter, date sugar, mashed sweet potato, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture and incorporate all the flour into the wet ingredients. Then stir in the pecans.
- Shape into 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Enjoy!