Sweet Potato Tempeh Hash
Crispy with smokey paprika flavor, this Sweet Potato Tempeh Hash makes a delicious weekend breakfast. Completely plant-based, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 8-10oz Potato
- 1 Block Tempeh
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shred/grate the sweet potato. (My food processor has an attachment that does this for me.) Soak the sweet potato in a bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, break the tempeh into small chunks.
- Drain the sweet potato. Combine the sweet potato, tempeh, flax, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the sweet potato tempeh mixture on the baking sheet. Press the mixture together so it is all in one large clump on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then flip the hash brown over (it's okay to break it into pieces) and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!