Tarragon Carrot Soup
Light, yet creamy and flavorful, this Tarragon Carrot Soup makes a healthy appetizer or light meal for cold weather. Completely plant-based and oil-free.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Pound Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 1/4 Cups Veggie Broth, divided
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh Tarragon, to serve
- Chop the carrots and onion. Saute them in a large pot using a 1/4 cup of the veggie broth until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggie broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium low, uncover the pot, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree it until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and add the orange juice, bourbon, chopped tarragon, salt, and pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with additional tarragon. Enjoy!