Teriyaki Mushroom Tempeh Salad
Teriyaki Mushroom Tempeh Salad is full of flavor and nutrient-dense plant-based ingredients. This Teriyaki Tempeh Salad comes together in just 15 minutes, for a high-protein, satisfying meal.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Aminos (sub soy sauce or tamari)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Date Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Arrowroot Powder or Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 8oz Block Tempeh, crumbled
- 8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms (like cremini or button)
- 1/2 Large Red Onion, diced
- 8 Cups Spinach
- Make the teriyaki sauce by whisking the liquid aminos, water, date syrup, garlic powder, ginger, and arrowroot.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1/4 cup of the of teriyaki sauce over medium heat. Add the tempeh, onion, and mushrooms and cook until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are soft (5-7 minutes). Add more sauce when the mixture starts to stick and reserve any remaining sauce to use as dressing (I had about 1/4 cup left).
- To serve, place a bed of spinach on a plate or bowl and top with the teriyaki mixture. Drizzle on extra teriyaki sauce as dressing. Enjoy!