Tofu Bacon Topped Figs
Tofu Bacon Topped Figs are the ultimate party appetizer or fancy snack. These bite-sized snacks are sticky, sweet, salty, smoky - all the flavors!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup, divided
- 8 Fresh Figs, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Press the tofu using a tofu press or heavy pot for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into thin, flat strips.
- Place in a glass container along with the liquid aminos, liquid smoke, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the tofu (reserving any remaining marinade) to a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until all sides are browned. Set aside.
- Add the fig to the pan cut side down along with the reserved marinade, remaining maple syrup, and red wine vinegar. Cook until the figs are soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the figs from the pan, leaving any liquid in the pan. Arrange figs cut side up on a plate and place the tofu pieces on top of each fig.
- Drizzle the syrup over the figs. Enjoy!