Vegan Bourbon Orange Rice Pudding
Vegan Bourbon Orange Rice Pudding is a festive holiday dish with a plant-based twist. It's dairy-free, and gluten-free with a sugar-free option.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1/2 Cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Cashews
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Milk, divided
- 1/4 Cup Maple or Date Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Bourbon
- 1 Medium Orange
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- Walnuts, for garnish
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, stir the rice, salt, and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Zest and juice the orange. Set aside.
- Drain the cashews. Add them to a food processor and blend, adding 1 cup of the oat milk until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- When the rice is cooked, add the cashew cream, remaining oat milk, maple or date syrup, bourbon, orange zest, orange juice, and cloves.
- Return to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the mixture is thick, around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Or, chill for 30-60 minutes and serve cold. Garnish with walnuts. Enjoy!