Vegan Chickpea Patty Burgers
Vegan Chickpea Patty Burgers are a meat-free dish made with just a few simple ingredients like chickpeas, carrots, and parsley. These easy burgers are plant-based and gluten-free!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 Cup Packed Fresh Parsley
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Quick Oats or Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs (if not gluten-free, can use regular)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrot
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- To serve: vegan/gluten-free buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, vegan mayo, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (See post for pan-frying instructions.)
- Pulse all the ingredients in the food processor until the mixture comes together. If you don't have a food processor, use a potato masher to mash the chickpeas in a large bowl until they’re mostly mashed (still with some chunks). Then, chop the parsley and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a 1/2 cup measure to shape the mixture into eight large patties and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve burger-style with buns, lettuce tomato, onion, pickles, mayo, etc.