Vegan Chocolate Pie is rich, smooth, and creamy. With a decadent filling that you'd never guess is whole food plant-based, and a sweet, crisp crust, this pie will be a Thanksgiving hit.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor combine the oats, cashews, and salt. Process until finely ground. Add the maple syrup and vanilla. Cover and pulse until mixture starts to come together.
- Using wet hands, press about half of the mixture onto the bottom of a 9" deep dish pie plate (I used this pie dish.) Press the remaining mixture up sides, building up edge slightly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Let cool.
- Steam the squash for about 15 minutes, until tender. Let cool briefly.
- Make date paste. Blend the dates in the food processor until they form a ball.
- Add the squash, shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, milk, nut butter, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Process until smooth. Depending on the size of your food processor you may need to blend down the squash before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Spread filling in the baked crust. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle with the pecans.
Recipe adapted from Forks Over Knives.