Vegan Gluten Free Mushroom Stroganoff
Vegan Gluten Free Mushroom Stroganoff is a plant-based version of traditional Russian beef stroganoff. This savory, umami dish is a comforting and hearty weeknight meal. Ready in about 30 minutes!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Pound Gluten Free Pasta of Choice
- 1 Small Yellow or White Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Pounds Mushrooms (I used shiitake, cremini), stemmed and sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme + more for garnish
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Miso
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Greek Style Yogurt
- Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion with a splash of the vegetable broth. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, paprika. Cook 8-10 minutes, until the mushrooms have reduced in size and are mostly cooked through.
- Deglaze with the wine. Add the vegetable stock, and miso. Let cook 5-7 minutes to thicken.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Serve with the cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.