Vegan Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes (Nut-Free)
Classic scalloped potatoes turned plant-based and allergy friendly. These Vegan Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes are hearty and flavorful all without dairy, gluten, or nuts.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 1/2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Tahini or Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Miso
- 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion, small diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Fresh Parsley & Thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Blend the non-dairy milk, vegetable stock, seed butter, nutritional yeast, miso, arrowroot, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice the potatoes.
- Arrange the sauce, potatoes, and onion in a casserole dish. Start with 1/3 of the sauce, then 1/2 of the potatoes, then 1/2 of the onions. Then add the garlic. Add another 1/3 of the sauce, the remaining potatoes, and then the remaining onions. Top with the remaining third of the sauce.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with the fresh parsley and thyme. Enjoy!