Vegan Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
Make this Vegan Mushroom Wild Rice Soup for a flavorful, yet simple meal. This soup is completely plant-based, gluten-free, and oil-free. Made with only a few simple ingredients!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 5 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free Flour (like oat flour or AP flour)
- 1 Cup Dry Wild Rice Blend
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 24 Ounces Cremini Mushrooms, sliced or cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 6-8 Cups Vegetable Broth (use more broth for a thinner soup)
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Yogurt OR Cashew Cream OR Canned Coconut Milk
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion and celery on medium heat. Use a splash of the vegetable broth if they start to stick.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and toss to coat.
- Stir in the rice. Toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar. Then add the mushrooms, poultry seasoning, herbs de Provence, salt, and vegetable broth to the pot.
- Bring to a boil then partially cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- When serving, stir in the yogurt or cream for extra creaminess.