vegan oat flour cinnamon raisin biscotti
A fun decadent treat, filled with healthy ingredients, low in fat, and flavored for autumn weather, this vegan oat flour cinnamon raisin biscotti recipe is the perfect addition to your morning cup of coffee.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Date Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make your flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl and placing in the fridge for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix the oat flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. In another medium bowl, mix the date syrup, vanilla extract, and flax egg.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Your dough should be fairly thick.
- Mix in the raisins.
- Form the dough into a rectangular loaf and place on the baking sheet. My loaf was about 7" long and 4" wide with about 1" of height.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then turn off the oven, remove the loaf, and let cool for another 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 250°F. Using a serrated knife, slice the loaf into 1/2 inch pieces. I like to cut on a diagonal. Arrange the pieces on the baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake for a total of 80 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through. After 80 minutes, turn the oven off and let the biscotti sit in the oven for another 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!