Vegan Peppermint Patties
Enjoy a classic holiday treat turned plant-based with these Vegan Peppermint Patties. These gluten free and dairy free treats are creamy and delicious. A plant-based version of the classic candy.
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 3 Cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Almond Powder or Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt + more for topping
- 1/8-1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 8 Ounces Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Candy Canes, for topping (optional)
- Add the coconut, almond powder/flour, syrup, vanilla, salt, and peppermint extract to a food processor and pulse until a loose dough forms.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Then flatten into discs. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, coat each peppermint disc in chocolate. Arrange on a baking tray topped with a wire rack or a piece or parchment to drip. Top with crushed candy canes if desired. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes to set. Enjoy!