Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole (No Marshmallows)
Sweet Potato Casserole turned whole food plant-based! This Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole has no marshmallows, but is still packed with flavor using only a few simple ingredients. This gluten-free and vegan dish is a Thanksgiving staple!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Nut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Steam the sweet potato until fork-tender. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and mash thoroughly.
- Stir in the maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread the potato mixture into a casserole dish (I used this dish). Sprinkle the chopped pecans in an even layer onto the sweet potatoes. Drizzle evenly with maple syrup, then sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve and enjoy!