Vegan Taco Salad Bowl
Make the ultimate vegan taco bowl! With a protein-packed vegan taco meat, homemade tortilla strips, and your favorite fixings this vegan taco salad bowl will become your taco Tuesday staple recipe. Ready in 25 minutes!
Elizabeth | At Elizabeth's Table
- 1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 8-Ounce Block Tempeh, crumbled
- 1 15-Ounce Can Black Beans
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 4 Cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Cups Oil-Free Tortilla Strips (optional) - make this recipe, slicing the tortillas into strips instead of triangles
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced
- Jalapeño Slices
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Prepare the Vegan Tempeh Taco Meat. Sauté the red onion in a non-stick pan until just starting to soften. Add the crumbled tempeh, the entire can of black beans (including the liquid), garlic, and taco seasoning to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the tempeh and beans are warmed through.
- If desired, prepare oil-free tortilla strips. Follow the instructions for these oil-free tortilla chips, slicing the tortillas into thin strips instead of triangles.
- Assemble the bowls. Start with a bed of lettuce and top with the taco meat, tortilla strips, corn, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, avocado, and sour cream. Enjoy!